In your realm of rushing, frothing river-deltas
I stroll over the fluxing topographies
of your fecund anatomy
with its many revelations. I identify
every contorted mudra,
every eyeball morphed declamation,
every incandescent idolatry
accompanied by crashing cymbals
and beating drums, every marigold garland
wrapped around your chiselled neck,
every soul-breath wrench, every incense perfumed
sweat-gland drop that emanates from your stores
of dateless times --
I know I’ll never penetrate
your cloud-hidden psyche. I know
You and I can never be We, Us.
To comprehend fully is to understand the need.
Like an unsevered umbilical cord,
it is your piecemeal manifestations, your kaleidoscopic
scatterings, that tie me to you.
Yet estranges me, leaving me rootless.
You’re more than the halo-ringed homescape
that I happened upon on the hairpin bend of a roller coaster
to the grail-road terminal I was blindly heading for
those years ago – I have forgotten now the exact postmark.
Time never mattered. Like you I let myself
get scattered in your labyrinthine theme streets. And travelled beyond
dollhouse mentations to congested settlements
of neon lit stage settings, bustling bustees, clogged crawling streets
where word-painters tell their stories in lurid retellings
and the unending traffic flows bumper to bumper, winding through
spanking new aspirations, multistoried dreamscapes rearing
above low lying corrugated hubs; floating rivers of narratives
where laughing children play and procreate
and days drift into dateless times -- all of which
grow on your carbuncled body like extra limbs.
Your earth is fertile. Your soil is febrile.
You are my domicile where I bury my lifelines.
I stroll over the fluxing topographies
of your fecund anatomy
with its many revelations. I identify
every contorted mudra,
every eyeball morphed declamation,
every incandescent idolatry
accompanied by crashing cymbals
and beating drums, every marigold garland
wrapped around your chiselled neck,
every soul-breath wrench, every incense perfumed
sweat-gland drop that emanates from your stores
of dateless times --
I know I’ll never penetrate
your cloud-hidden psyche. I know
You and I can never be We, Us.
To comprehend fully is to understand the need.
Like an unsevered umbilical cord,
it is your piecemeal manifestations, your kaleidoscopic
scatterings, that tie me to you.
Yet estranges me, leaving me rootless.
You’re more than the halo-ringed homescape
that I happened upon on the hairpin bend of a roller coaster
to the grail-road terminal I was blindly heading for
those years ago – I have forgotten now the exact postmark.
Time never mattered. Like you I let myself
get scattered in your labyrinthine theme streets. And travelled beyond
dollhouse mentations to congested settlements
of neon lit stage settings, bustling bustees, clogged crawling streets
where word-painters tell their stories in lurid retellings
and the unending traffic flows bumper to bumper, winding through
spanking new aspirations, multistoried dreamscapes rearing
above low lying corrugated hubs; floating rivers of narratives
where laughing children play and procreate
and days drift into dateless times -- all of which
grow on your carbuncled body like extra limbs.
Your earth is fertile. Your soil is febrile.
You are my domicile where I bury my lifelines.
No comments:
Post a Comment