Tuesday, July 1, 2014

I need

I need to
Hold your hand
I need to feel
Your need to
Hold my hand
I need to hear
Your voice
Telling me
You need to hear
My voice
I need to hear
You say
You need me

Each time I think of you
Seek you in the clouds, in the skies,
In the trees rustling in the breeze
In the koel's voice piercing like a knife
In the shudder of thunder
In the sound of sputtering rain
Each time I wonder about you
Every moment of day and night
In my waking hours, in my dreams
I know you're there, somewhere
Yet remain enshrouded
In your cloud of silence
Piercing me like a knife

Sometimes I think it's just a fantasy
I pace up and down restlessly
Through sun dappled streets
And wonder if we were ever meant to be
Often I tell myself I must find the strength
To face reality that it's just a fantasy
But that silly heart of mine
Refuses to understand
Refuses to be strong
With every throbbing beat
Clings to this impossible dream
Fantasy though it may be

Fantasy though it may be
Still I cling helplessly, hopelessly
To this impossible dream
That you need me just as much
As I need you

I need to
Hold you in my arms
I need to feel
You need to
Hold me in your arms
I need to hear
Your voice
Telling me
You need to hear
My voice
I need to hear
You say
I need you
I need to say
I love you
I need to hear you say
I love you

No comments:

Post a Comment