Saturday, July 26, 2014

nervus facialis

oh, er, excuse me, just a sec, while I put my teeth back
in my face, and yes, hang on will you, till
I unstick my lips from its doorjamb – oh yes, my eyes are somewhere,
now let me see where I mislaid them – oh,
there they are, in the stone mug of salt-water skull-hole,
oh dear, now where is that tongue of mine,
bottled up in some desiccated doldrums, I bet – and my ears,
they’re impaled on the muted thorn-bush of auditory-nervosa,
and how could I, I forgot my nose, my chloroformed nervii-olfactorii of exteroception, wait, wait, a minute more please, let me put back my cheeks and forehead, my brows and eyelashes, can you find my chin, oh, where is my smile, oh, thank you – there, I’m done – ready to face the day, and you --
am I happy or in agony, I don’t really know -- you tell me –

No comments:

Post a Comment