Thursday, July 3, 2014

My invisible companion, playmate, soulmate..

Why won't you speak to me, my invisible companion, playmate, soulmate? I know you're there, I know you care.. Then why the silence? I know our hearts beat in tune.. Then why will you not acknowledge it? It doesn't have to be publicly, openly.. You can stay anonymous, if that is what you want, dear Anonymous. Can't you talk to me, dear Anonymous? Won't you share the secrets of your heart.. all about your life.. when were you born.. where did you grow up.. what, how were you as a child, as a teenager, a young adult, and now, what makes you tick as a man..?

What were your dreams about then.. What are your dreams about now? What do you do when you wake up in the morning.. What do you busy yourself with during the day.. What is the last thing you think of as you shut your eyes in sleep at night? Who cradled you to sleep when you were young, who cradles you now?

My dusky skinned love, I long to look deep into your eyes.. and seek your soul in them, if you would let me. With your gentle ways, you spread sweetness in my life.. I hold dear, and preserve, every little interaction we've had, as a precious memory..keepsakes that I shall keep in the secret corners of my heart.. To bring out sometimes..to reminisce about..smile wistfully about.. About what was perhaps never meant to be.. And even as I say these words, my heart twists in pain. Won't you tell me what reminisces you keep in the secret chambers of your heart?

My gentle eyed love, with skin like the dusk; I don't quite remember when exactly it was that I first noticed your gentle voice; When, at which exact point of time, on which exact day - was it a morning, evening, or night - which month, which year..that you came into my life. When was it that our hearts first met, and recognised each other, and spoke to each other in the secret language of lovers?
When was it that I first began to weave my hopeless dreams?

Won't you come and walk beside me in the sun dappled or rain soaked pathways I traverse? Won't you unbind your voice, your heart, and just talk to me? About anything.. about the music you love.. about what you read about.. about what you feel passionately about.. about the weather.. about the little vexations that occur in your life.. about the little joys that sprinkle your days. Give me homilies.. teach me the things you know.. care about.. I want to listen to the music of your thoughts.

Every time I reach out to you.. to connect with you at a deeper level, you withdraw...create distance between us. I wonder why.. Is it because you're tied to someone else? If that be so, I would honour her..and silence myself. But can't you, won't you tell me if that is what it is? If that is what it is, can't we be just friends?

Won't you speak to me, my invisible companion, playmate, soulmate?

2 comments:

  1. Is it a fiction you write or is he a reality ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a question I ask myself too.. What do you think?

      Delete