I'm doing a painting workshop which is being held in an old house in the old part of the city. I love these old houses, there is a certain grace and charm about them. While waiting for the workshop class to begin, I riffled through some art books laid on a table beside this doorway. And my eyes kept getting drawn to the sunlight hitting the leaves, and it dawned on me that it would make an interesting painting. I think it's an interesting photograph too. I love the sun bouncing and sliding off the door, filtering through that ventilator - modern houses have done away with that feature - which filled me with a pang of nostalgia for my childhood home. Light not only creates interesting brightness and tints, but also those beautiful shadows. Yes, I must paint this.. it will give me great joy and satisfaction, I know :)
Saturday, January 4, 2014
Doorway into the sun
I'm doing a painting workshop which is being held in an old house in the old part of the city. I love these old houses, there is a certain grace and charm about them. While waiting for the workshop class to begin, I riffled through some art books laid on a table beside this doorway. And my eyes kept getting drawn to the sunlight hitting the leaves, and it dawned on me that it would make an interesting painting. I think it's an interesting photograph too. I love the sun bouncing and sliding off the door, filtering through that ventilator - modern houses have done away with that feature - which filled me with a pang of nostalgia for my childhood home. Light not only creates interesting brightness and tints, but also those beautiful shadows. Yes, I must paint this.. it will give me great joy and satisfaction, I know :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment