Sunday, January 26, 2014

Abstract ideas










Textures, patterns, colours, light, shade.. I love them all.. I find them all wherever my eyes travel. Most times I merely gaze at them for a while.. think about the possibilities of painting them.. and then just move on. Sometimes I take the trouble to actually take pictures of them as reference points to the emotions and depictions that I feel like giving them.

Our next project in my art workshop is going to be on abstract.. which is a terrifically exciting thing for me to look forward to. My art instructor, the genius in landscapes mostly, has of late ventured into abstracts.. and they are absolutely beautiful renditions of light and space. he's done a series of abstractions of landscapes and another series of almost abstractions of the interiors of his home.. his messy home.. his home whose architecture belongs to a past era, housed with furniture that ranges from comfortable saggy sofas to smart neo-modern dining chairs.. all of which he paints into artistic expressions of his inner eye.. inner soul. So I am super excited about what approach he is going to take when he demonstrates it to us. Meanwhile, I am collecting all the abstract ideas I have clicked, that I want to explore on my canvas.. some of which I've put here

No comments:

Post a Comment