Tried to sleep, but for some reason am quite disturbed by Sunanda's death.. why I shroud be I can't understand, for of course I don't know her personally.. but twitter.. even though I didn't interact with her.. gets one close to people, many times without realising it. I just keep visualising her effervescent and emotional personality.. also a strong personality, though she also sounded very naive, so I really didn't take what she tweeted all that seriously. But I also often used to wonder how difficult it must've been for her to have such independent views, especially political views, from her husband. But never imagined it would lead to this.. sinister end. Anyway.. no point speculating about something that the truth will never be known..
About this painting.. Painting in this loose style is tough.. needs a lot of discipline. It's making me realize what my natural bent is in painting.. with every stroke of the brush I fought against my instinct to blend, make it realistic. I really love the effects the loose style creates so I will persist.. practice practice practice.. that has always been the best way. But, I have a feeling that I will revert to my as-realistic-as-possible style often, for I enjoy that and it is my inner style. Fruits, flowers and veggies... still life... are great fun to do.. and also more challenging for me, hence I am concentrating on them. I find landscapes very easy.. so even though they come out beautiful, I'm not doing as much of them, at the moment..

No comments:
Post a Comment