It's not done yet.. That's the trouble with abstracts, difficult to decide
when they're done, but my instincts say this needs some more work. It's been a
long time since I've worked for a good part of the day and almost all of the
night on a painting, I'm reminded of my school and college days when I used to
be this obsessed. It's a happy feeling.. no, deeper than that.. it's a very
fulfilling feeling. There is something so sensually and spiritually satisfying
to smear colour on canvas, especially oil paints. Water colour has a more
ethereal feeling.
I intended to do a landscape actually, but as it often happens, the mind
decides what it wants to do, and I let it. I need to give vent to my feelings,
poetry and paint help me to do that. So, yes, Turbulence, as I'm calling this,
does reflect the turbulence I am feeling. Some artists say that painting is
cathartic, even therapeutic, helps in resolving, at least assuaging turmoil,
or sorrow, or pain, or even expressing joy. But I don't experience that. When I feel pain
or joy.. or anything.. while I do express it in my painting or poetry, but it
does not really assuage it, especially pain. The pain remains in the heart, I
just put a bit of it on canvas or into words.
I wonder what I else I want to do with this painting. My mind is alive and
awake and happy, my body is tired, my spirit is limping. I need to nurse it,
but I don't know how to. What a paradoxical state of mind I am in.. happy
about painting, unhappy because of my heartache.. Why is Life so complicated
always..
This blog is becoming like a diary.. I had meant it to be just a place to put
my art and poetry in..
when they're done, but my instincts say this needs some more work. It's been a
long time since I've worked for a good part of the day and almost all of the
night on a painting, I'm reminded of my school and college days when I used to
be this obsessed. It's a happy feeling.. no, deeper than that.. it's a very
fulfilling feeling. There is something so sensually and spiritually satisfying
to smear colour on canvas, especially oil paints. Water colour has a more
ethereal feeling.
I intended to do a landscape actually, but as it often happens, the mind
decides what it wants to do, and I let it. I need to give vent to my feelings,
poetry and paint help me to do that. So, yes, Turbulence, as I'm calling this,
does reflect the turbulence I am feeling. Some artists say that painting is
cathartic, even therapeutic, helps in resolving, at least assuaging turmoil,
or sorrow, or pain, or even expressing joy. But I don't experience that. When I feel pain
or joy.. or anything.. while I do express it in my painting or poetry, but it
does not really assuage it, especially pain. The pain remains in the heart, I
just put a bit of it on canvas or into words.
I wonder what I else I want to do with this painting. My mind is alive and
awake and happy, my body is tired, my spirit is limping. I need to nurse it,
but I don't know how to. What a paradoxical state of mind I am in.. happy
about painting, unhappy because of my heartache.. Why is Life so complicated
always..
This blog is becoming like a diary.. I had meant it to be just a place to put
my art and poetry in..

No comments:
Post a Comment