I await you tremblingly
In expectation. In anticipation.
Each passing moment
Day melts into dusk
Night a dark cloak
Smothering the earth
Skies turn saffron again
Insisting it's the dawn
Of another day
The song I sing for you
I sing falteringly
With each passing moment
The lamp I light for you
Shines waveringly
With each passing moment
My thoughts that dwell on you
Return to you haltingly
Each passing moment
I await you tremblingly
In expectation. In anticipation.
Each passing moment
-by Rita Putatunda
In expectation. In anticipation.
Each passing moment
Day melts into dusk
Night a dark cloak
Smothering the earth
Skies turn saffron again
Insisting it's the dawn
Of another day
The song I sing for you
I sing falteringly
With each passing moment
The lamp I light for you
Shines waveringly
With each passing moment
My thoughts that dwell on you
Return to you haltingly
Each passing moment
I await you tremblingly
In expectation. In anticipation.
Each passing moment
-by Rita Putatunda
No comments:
Post a Comment