Sunday, October 13, 2013

Every year, the crowds get thicker at the Durga Pujo pandals. This time, apart from the usual Bongs that throng, I saw large numbers of non-Bengalis at the pandals, and also a few Europeans. Most of them were  around the food stalls like bees around a hive, especially at the stall selling traditional bangla ranna or Bengali cuisine. From Ilish Macher Jhol, to Chingdi Malai Curry, to Kosha Mangsho, to Mutton-Chicken-Fish-Veg Chops.. and of course the array of mishtis, including mishti doi...you name it.. people were gorging it.

Of course, nothing really comes close to the bhog that is made for Ma.

I waited for the dhak and the dancers to finish their beautiful display, after which the hall emptied out as people headed for the food stalls, and then went in and sat for a while in front of Ma, after which I too headed for the stalls.

Anyway, it was so crowded yesterday that I could just manage to click this through the glass of a side door of the hall.

No comments:

Post a Comment