Sunday, October 13, 2013

I found this lovely picture of snow capped blue mountains and decided it would be perfect for a practice session. So out came my pthalo blues and cadmium oranges and I was happily progressing along, until I put the base colour of the big mountain.. and suddenly, I had to stop. I can see an image of Lord Shiva there, hidden in the dark upper part. I don't know if he wants me to reveal him or just go ahead and make the sun reflecting crags, keeping him underneath, within the mountain. Or is it just my wild imagination? Another image I see, though it isn't there, is a worshiper, a sadhu, sitting cross legged on the rock in the foreground, which is still to be painted. Should I follow these imagery being conjured up in  my mind, I wonder.

I think I shall make a cup of tea, sip it slowly, while I contemplate.

No comments:

Post a Comment