Saturday, October 19, 2013

my illuminished star



my eyes slurred, now I see you, illuminished star, now I don’t -
I savour your corrosive cadavers scattered in the penumbra,
I am cloistered calendula, encrusting embellishment of crustacean cyst,
cloud-seam rent apart of wholeness, nub of deadened
frusta, you have changed my eye-horizon, dismantled
tall towers clothed in ore-rust, where I crouched, pensive,
never conceived abseiling into detritus –
I am echo lost in an empty mirror --
tell me my unseen illuminite, why --
my fingers rent the sky-curtain, to glimpse a vestige of you
I watch my hidden footprint rise, only to humble,
my limbs crotching the igneous stone, straining, chafing,
you have forborne my years of venerations,
now I cling with broken clutch
at faint illuminations of you -
you, convolute me, fetish me, faminish me,
my illuminished star --

-by Rita Putatunda

No comments:

Post a Comment