On my walk today,
(a familiar path, with familiar people, walking into
the sunrise,
Up the hill)
Suddenly, I found myself all alone.
I looked
around, I looked ahead, and behind -
Everyone had disappeared
Into oblivion.
Oblivion, like death,
A mysterious evaporation.
A bat of an eyelid, a blink of an eye,
And nonexistence triumphs.
I waved a silent greeting
To a familiar face
And watched it being eradicated.
An empty space created, instead.
A shadow that bespoke of a life
That was meant to be – and knew oblivion had
Transpired.
And I knew, with the wisdom of the ages,
That there would be no return.
And so, each moment passes by,
With oblivion around every corner
Of the ticking clock. And yet, the mind
Clings to shadowy remains, of words half-spoken,
Conserving them in memory.
Oblivion vanquishes sunrises,
Turns all to dark nights.
While the brain spins fables,
To while away the hours.
No comments:
Post a Comment