Friday, October 26, 2012

Hail to you aNDRoMeDIaN!



A message into the void –
Date: d27-m10-y2012

Hail to you aNDRoMeDIaN!

I’ve caught your blinking beam

Perhaps in my dream

So here I am

Beaming my reply back

In a stream of blue light


Though my feet

Have been rooted deep

On this planet of mine

So brown and green

But looks so blue

From across the yonder where

My eyes have always been

Beaming across those vast

Expanses of indigo voids

Seeking hidden histories

Divining concealed mysteries

Of life –

With gladdened heart

I welcome you – fellow seeker

From an alien galaxy

Somewhere out there

In the indigo void


Tell me friend

What you feel

What you think

As you seek

Your path through

Inscrutable life’s

Immense perplexities


I’d like to know

My alien friend

What makes you

The way you are

Whoever you are

Out there in that

Great indigo void


Fellow traveller of the void

Countless light years away

What is it that you seek

What have you learnt

Along the way

Through time and space


Under which tree

Do you choose to rest

Which wayside flower

Do you pause to smell

What pebble do you

Bend down and pick

In what alien music

Does your ear

Find its trembling soothing


And which are the streams

Where you stop

To quench your thirst

What strange fruits

Feed your hunger

And what are the crimson sunsets

That make your heart

Stop and wonder


And when the fingers

Of an alien morning sun

Reach out and touch

Your mind’s eye

What thoughts do they

Awaken there –


As for me

Alone I am –

Beaming and blinking

So far away from you

Strange codes – Strange urges

That my heart pulses

Out to you through

The vast indigo voids


As for my life

I’m trying to make

My place under

The waning sun

Of my blue planet

Sometimes I feel

As if I’m almost there

On my way

To a place

I know not where

And sometimes I feel

All clogged up

As if I haven’t begun at all

But most times I just feel

Alone – Lost

In this indigo void


Sometimes I feel

I just want to

Shut my beam

And put myself to sleep

In an indigo void

Forever –


But then I caught your beam

Your strange green stream

And hope has begun to seep

In my blinking heart deep


Perhaps some day

Somewhere You and I will meet

Under some other sky

In the light of some strange sun

Perhaps in some other world


Will you know me then?

Will I recognize you there?

Will our beams form the same

Synchrony of streams?

Will we dream

The same dreams?

 Will our hearts blink

With the same intensity

With the same harmony

As they do now

Though so far away

We are from each other?


My name is RP-d21-m09-y1955

What’s yours?

-by Rita Putatunda

3 comments:

  1. To aNDRoMeDIaN from RP-d21-m09-y1955! So you are a September born!

    Nice one except for that code aNDRoMeDIAan! Who is S/he?



    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Dada-bhai - :) - Hmmm.. the aNDRoMeDIAan! Wish I knew :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats wonderful...........Me too a september born....they are special !! and i know you very very closely

    ReplyDelete