Thursday, October 4, 2012

Dark Moon

I am the Dark Moon
Of the Amavasya Night
They see me not
So they call it a moonless sky –
I traverse alone
On my dark path
Through a dark sky
Unseen Unwanted
Unlonged for –

On me the fingers of the Sun
Never touch
His golden gaze locked
Forever on the fair face
Of my sister the Full Moon
As she glides in triumph
Across starry skies
Glowing in her silver glory
While I stay forever hidden
Forever forbidden
Within the smothering folds
Of my black veil –

No lover gazes at me
With longing eyes
No poet’s pen pauses
Seeking words
For the songs of love
Written with his blood and tears
About my dark face –

They see me not
So they call it a moonless sky –

Who knows what hidden longings
Lie within my dark breast
Who can fathom the hidden prayers
Buried within my dark soul
Who can hear the dark beating
Within my dark heart
As I traverse alone
On my dark path
Through a dark sky
Unseen Unwanted
Unlonged for –

They see me not
So they call it a moonless sky

I am the Dark Moon
Of the Amavasya Night

-by Rita Putatunda

No comments:

Post a Comment