O Mother, O Deity
The Giver, The Destroyer, The Resurrector
Forsake me not – The serpent is
Wound up in coils of calamity.
It has become a black hole,
It swallows up everything whole.
Then I learn of your carelessness,
And your sacred fixations,
And I am forced to adore you.
Your splendor shows its supreme grace
In your vacant face.
And daylight wraps you in a
Golden thrall of benevolence
As an endowment from a dark Universe.
Diminutive, falling to bits and pieces, I am
In your splendid presence.
I offer you these broken remnants of me
Which were once whole.
Though I know, to you it makes no difference.
My only prayer, which I intone to you
In the stillness of my heart
Is to keep me in some corner
Of your clay heart. Do not
Disappear into your forbidden abode,
Disintegrate into clods of earth.
Leaving me without a single illusion
To light my soul.
-by Rita Putatunda
No comments:
Post a Comment