Thursday, November 1, 2012

When I No Longer Walk On The Brown Earth



(Feeling a little melancholic about someone I had loved a long time ago, in my youth. Who was snatched away from me by Death.)

When I no longer walk
On the brown earth
Of tomorrow

Will you see me
In every little grain of sand
Tossed by the sea
In the pollen dust
That blows in the breeze
In every tremble of a leaf
That flutters in the wind

When I no longer walk
On the brown earth
Of tomorrow –

When I no longer walk
On the brown earth
Of tomorrow

Will you wonder
What form the wind takes
When it no longer stirs
What becomes of the stars
When they no longer shine
What happens to the clouds
When they shed their rain
Does the flight of the bird
Evaporate into nothing
Will you wonder

When I no longer walk
On the brown earth
Of tomorrow

Will you lift your face
To the caressing fingers
Of the radiant sun
And recognize
My touch
When a sudden gust
Blows across your face
Will you recognize
My breath
When you feel the first drops
Of the monsoon rain
Soak your face
Will you recognize
My tears
And when the rain fills the air
With the fragrance
Of the earth
Will you recognize
My scent

When I no longer walk
On the brown earth
Of tomorrow –

-by Rita Putatunda

2 comments:

  1. Awemomeeeeeeeee would be a clear understatement. You are wonderful !!

    ReplyDelete