The Songbird
The songbird cries
Freedom is my thrill, my joy
I leave my histories behind
With every thrust of my beating wings
I lift my eyes up, burst through the treetops
I seek my tomorrows
Skywards, My abode is beyond the rain-clouds
Beyond the tossing winds, I know
Of silver linings, I learn
Of silences and stillness and
Eternities -
I am as light as the air where I fly
As bright as the light that shines
Over me
Will you listen to my songs?
Can you hear my calls?
The songbird cries
Freedom is my thrill, my joy
I leave my histories behind
With every thrust of my beating wings
I lift my eyes up, burst through the treetops
I seek my tomorrows
Skywards, My abode is beyond the rain-clouds
Beyond the tossing winds, I know
Of silver linings, I learn
Of silences and stillness and
Eternities -
I am as light as the air where I fly
As bright as the light that shines
Over me
Will you listen to my songs?
Can you hear my calls?
No comments:
Post a Comment