The days are full, filled with empty spaces
Empty mornings, afternoons, evenings, and nights
And empty nights
The coffee steaming from
The endless cups I sip
Mingles with my breath
I breathe it in and out
Each breath fudging the bitterness
Of every sip
The words I pour, The pieces
Of my heart I throw
Into those empty spaces
Are just not enough, Just not enough
You stay hidden behind opaque curtains
I pronounce each name you call yourself
In these empty spaces of
Mornings, afternoons, evenings, nights -
And as these years slip by
It gets more and more apparent
Perhaps the time just isn't right
Perhaps it never has been right
Perhaps it will never be right
The gift I've been given remains
Hidden in its hard cardboard package
Perhaps it's just a sublime illusion
Of something that never was meant to be
And in this limbo I scatter my empty spaces
Within this state of silent despair
I chatter, I make small talk
With anyone who happens by
In the vicinity of my empty spaces
I make believe, I tell them stories
That my days are full, fulfilled
All the time wondering, wondering
If you even care
And I stay within my empty spaces
Watching all the wasted hours
Being abandoned one by one
Wondering, Wondering
Every second, Every minute
Will these empty spaces
Ever be filled, With You?
Empty mornings, afternoons, evenings, and nights
And empty nights
The coffee steaming from
The endless cups I sip
Mingles with my breath
I breathe it in and out
Each breath fudging the bitterness
Of every sip
The words I pour, The pieces
Of my heart I throw
Into those empty spaces
Are just not enough, Just not enough
You stay hidden behind opaque curtains
I pronounce each name you call yourself
In these empty spaces of
Mornings, afternoons, evenings, nights -
And as these years slip by
It gets more and more apparent
Perhaps the time just isn't right
Perhaps it never has been right
Perhaps it will never be right
The gift I've been given remains
Hidden in its hard cardboard package
Perhaps it's just a sublime illusion
Of something that never was meant to be
And in this limbo I scatter my empty spaces
Within this state of silent despair
I chatter, I make small talk
With anyone who happens by
In the vicinity of my empty spaces
I make believe, I tell them stories
That my days are full, fulfilled
All the time wondering, wondering
If you even care
And I stay within my empty spaces
Watching all the wasted hours
Being abandoned one by one
Wondering, Wondering
Every second, Every minute
Will these empty spaces
Ever be filled, With You?
No comments:
Post a Comment