Caged I am within myself
Things I dream of
Have been left just dreams
Life goes by, each end of day
Brings a little death of my dreams
Sometimes it feels
As if I am cursed
For I can't find
The other half of me
It's all karma, some people say
Fate has passed its life sentence
I must be this incomplete
Half of me, caged within me
And yet, each morning
I spin my dreams anew
Willing the sun to kiss each
Rainbow strand, tenderly, lovingly -
Hope never dies, some people say
Of my caged dreams
Perhaps there will never be release
But wherever I go
Around each blind bend
I expect to find
The other half of me
Hope never dies, some people say
Rita Putatunda
Things I dream of
Have been left just dreams
Life goes by, each end of day
Brings a little death of my dreams
Sometimes it feels
As if I am cursed
For I can't find
The other half of me
It's all karma, some people say
Fate has passed its life sentence
I must be this incomplete
Half of me, caged within me
And yet, each morning
I spin my dreams anew
Willing the sun to kiss each
Rainbow strand, tenderly, lovingly -
Hope never dies, some people say
Of my caged dreams
Perhaps there will never be release
But wherever I go
Around each blind bend
I expect to find
The other half of me
Hope never dies, some people say
Rita Putatunda
No comments:
Post a Comment