She is dark. She is Kalratri. She is the black night that existed before even light was created. She is Kalika - all of time - past, present and future. She is the fundamental power, the Adi Shakti. She is Para Prakriti, beyond nature. She is the ultimate reality. She remains unchanging, while the Maya of creations effervesce from her and pass away into nothingness. She is the creator and the destroyer of all manifestations, all worlds.
(I've been trying to ideate on Ma Kali - something different - to depict her as the description given above. This is a water colour, which I want to make into a big oil or acrylic painting on canvas. Still thinking about it - whether to make her face the primeval source of light, as I have done here, or make it fully dark, as the darkness that existed before even light was created.)

No comments:
Post a Comment