Saturday, November 10, 2012

I Am…Eternity



I am Earth, Sun, Moon
I am the genetic blueprint
Of the stars that shine
In the rivers of Milky Ways
That spread their gossamer wings
Across Universes of Time
I am Rain, the Forests
That drip golden honey, deep green
I am the cloud that wafts
Mists of Life, from pasts
Into the present moment, now
Into futures unknown
I am the blue fire in the lightning
The thunderous roar in the thunderstorm
I am the Dance of Destiny
I am Eternity…

I am the beast
That has no soul
In my black yawn
The Universe I swallow
Clamped in my blood-red fangs
With one gigantic gulp
I extinguish the throb of Life
With a mighty crunch
I snuff out the pulse of light
That shines through
Millenniums of Time
With a slash of my giant claws
I rip, I tear, I slash, I shred
With a gnash of my monster jaws
I crush, I mangle, I mash, I smash
I destroy, obliterate, annihilate
Existence into Non-Existence –
With my monstrous breath
I breathe out eternal black fires
Through my empty eye-sockets
I emit fires of black ashes
From my gaping mouth
I spew forth eternal emptiness
In my twisted entrails
Churn slime and rot
With my giant feet
I dance the Dance of Death
I am the End…

I am Life Immortal
In the slime, in the rot
In the petrified putrefying decay
Are buried seeds of my Birth
Which springs forth
In tender shoots of green
Which flower and breed, Time anew
From my eye-sockets
Bursts forth again, radiant light
In my giant black yawn
A new Universe is born
New Earths, new Suns
New Moons and new sparkling Stars
Swirl and whirl to a new tune
And mists of time I collect anew
In my giant cupped hands
Which churn and coagulate
Into memories renewed
And the rain in the new forests
And the new lightning with the sheen
Of tempered new steel
That rents the new skies
With tongues of new blue fires
And the rumbling thunder
That roars with new voice
Coalesce and combine
To orchestrate new melodies
That swell and fill my soul
In a new crescendo
And my giant feet move
To the new rhythm and beat
In a new Dance of Destiny –
I am… Eternity…

-by Rita Putatunda

No comments:

Post a Comment