Things being
As they are
I must admit
I'm that lost bird
Who tried to fly
Before her time and
Fell flat on stone ground
So here I am
Covered in my
Bleeding feathers
Attempting to rise
Again and perform
My air dance
For a star
Which I'd been training for
All my life
And find my head
Reeling, lurching
Crazily
But, Oh, Incognito
A secret name
Carved on the wall
Of a bleeding feathered heart
You're the solitary star
The bleeding bird
Is tied to
Seeking the warmth
Forever hidden
As they are
I must admit
I'm that lost bird
Who tried to fly
Before her time and
Fell flat on stone ground
So here I am
Covered in my
Bleeding feathers
Attempting to rise
Again and perform
My air dance
For a star
Which I'd been training for
All my life
And find my head
Reeling, lurching
Crazily
But, Oh, Incognito
A secret name
Carved on the wall
Of a bleeding feathered heart
You're the solitary star
The bleeding bird
Is tied to
Seeking the warmth
Forever hidden
No comments:
Post a Comment