Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Painting tiger lilies, Twitter & its "gurujis", And a song

The sketch is done on the canvas and it's waiting for me to paint the colours in. But as usual, before I begin a painting, I get the jitters. Something like stage fright. Something like butterflies in the stomach. Something like I used to feel before a big match in badminton and Table Tennis when I knew my opponents were tough. Once I hit the shuttlecock or TT ball, of course, my mind would be so engrossed fighting it out, in winning the point, that all the butterflies disappeared. It's the moment before the first stroke that is the really tough part.

One terrific thing about my getting back to my art is my getting rid of my twitter addiction. I hardly ever feel the need to go there now - only do so now when my bro wants me to promote a piece of his. I don't know why I ever wasted my time for so long on that site. Now when I do drop in for a minute or two and read the tweets on my TL - and I follow a wide range of people, from the crass to the erudite - all I see are these silly smart alec quips, each trying to prove how clever/wise/smart/funny etc they are. Most of them sound so pompous and full of themselves. And then of course you have these "guruji" types - creepy hypocrite mediocrities - ugggh!

I had a fat "guruji" coming and getting all pompous and patriarchal on me, "advising" me to be serious, and that too about my painting, if you please! I really wish I had taken a picture of the sly DM he had sent me saying he wanted to flirt with me. These "gurujis" should be exposed for what they really are. And when I told him that sure he could flirt with me as long as he did it openly on TL, not on DM, the coward - these types are always cowards - quickly deleted his DM. Got scared shit of course.. ha ha! Anyway, one sees this kind of thing happening so blatantly everywhere - that ugly fart Judge Ganguly, that creep Tejpal being the most recent examples. Along with all their pals who come to their defense.

It's this stupid "guruji" that finally made me realise what a silly waste of time twitter is - and wow, am I glad for that!

Anyway, enough procrastination, to my tiger lily painting I must go with this beautiful song on my lips :)

Thousand Violins by the Tiger Lilies: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9a5MbslOHQ

And here's the lyrics:-

I’m calling out but no one will be hearing
I’m laughing but I cannot be heard
I’m crying but no one will be drying
These tears that fall

So how do we ever face a thousand violins
And how do we ever even start to begin

It’s raining without a sign of stopping
It’s sunny but no-one’s getting warm
In Heaven the harps have all been broken
And these tears they fall

So how do we ever face a thousand violins
And how do we ever even start to begin

All through the days now faded away
One thought remains one thought does stay
It haunts me still it will remain
I’m lost in wonder and I hear again

Tell me how do we ever face a thousand violins
And how do we ever even start to begin
Tell me how do we ever face a thousand violins
Tell me how do we ever even start to begin
Thousand violins

No comments:

Post a Comment