The more I use acrylics, the more I fall in love with it. I adore the brilliant colour options - a wider range than you get in oils, I noticed - I have access to. I wish I could've cut out the shine of the sun on the painting, but there just wasn't enough light indoors, hence clicked it outside, in the driveway (hence the the grey stony background). While clicking it a neighbour happened to pass by and she took one look at it and asked me if I was having an exhibition of my painitngs, and that she'd certainly want to visit it if I did. That made my day :D
The thing about this painting is, I used a more realistic technique with the oranges while I did the foliage in a loose abstracted way. And I like the effect that has created. Like I mentioned in a past blog, I'm really really loving these still lifes. Flowers and fruit and leaves are such fun to do, particularly because they have such fabulous colours. Meanwhile my sunflowers painting is almost done, just needs a few finishing touches. I'm doing that in oils hence it's taking longer, which is another aspect of acrylics that I'm appreciating more and more.
My wine tasting cum painting weekend was great fun, though the wine wasn't particularly great. Let's just say Indian wines are still a work in progress. Even the cheapest foreign wines one gets here taste so much better, but then they had a head start on us of course.

No comments:
Post a Comment