Sunday, August 19, 2012

Lost for Words


Lost for words. Those trusty companions. That stood by me. In all my times. In the times I laughed. In the times I cried. In the times I needed to fight. In the times I needed to love. They were always ready. To do my bidding. But now. When I read your words.  I am lost for words.

Your words. That shower like flower petals. Your words. That cascade like the monsoon rain. Your words. That glimmer like silver moonbeams. Your words. That render me. Speechless. I am lost for words.

Where have they all gone. I seek with fever in my soul. I seek with tremble in my heart. To put pieces of my heart. Into words. Steady, Steady. My mind says. But how can I steady. This boat. Caught in this storm. Of your words. I am lost for words.

Where have they all gone. My old friends. My familiar companions. That came tumbling out. To do my bidding. Rapier sharp. Witty. Clever. My words. But now. When I read your words. I am left without words.

I am suspended between the sky and earth. Flailing my limbs. I try to become a bird. Flapping my tattered wings. I try to soar. I seek in the clouds. I search for answers. In the trees below. A river flows like a silver thread. My eyes follow. Searching. Seeking. In vain. I am left without words.

I reach inside. The womb of Time. The old. Is a distant memory. I feel new life. Stirring. Surging. Throbbing. Half revealed revelations. That have no words. It seems I have to relearn. It seems I have to re-dream. The language of Life. I am lost for words.

The slate is wiped clean. I trace new words. New memories. With a hesitant heart. The halting alphabets. The faltering phrase. The stumbling sentence. Get caught again. In your words. Over and over. I am lost for words.

-by Rita Putatunda

No comments:

Post a Comment