Wednesday, June 25, 2014

This tangled love

This tangled thing called love
The intangible question of why
Why is it you I love
Without even meeting face to face
And why not some other
Anyone other, that I do come
Face to face in my life.
Why is it that when
I see your picture, just a DP,
And read a random tweet of yours
My heart leaps and bounds
Is filled with pain and doubts
About feeling alone
With you so remote
Yet so close.
And more than that
This unfathomable need I have
To touch, to hear your voice,
To hold and never let go.
To give birth to our love
Which each day bereft
Is so stillborn.
Each day a waste of our time
Which we could spend together.
Come close, come into my life,
Let our life begin this journey.
Travel by my side
To wherever destiny takes us.
Come away from your busy-ness
Hold my hand and let me hold yours
Wipe my tears and let me wipe yours
Let me rest my despairing head
On your chest, let me
Hold you close to my breast.
That is my tangled love
To weep together, to walk together
To smile together, to dream together
To just be with each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment