Sunday, October 14, 2012

From Dream to Dream



From dream to dream
I toss and turn
Like shadows
Weaving through sunbeams
And rainbow ribbons
Float in dappled waters
Where silver fish swim
Through mossy fern
And grasses green
Bend in the gentle breeze
Where clouds lean
Against mountains
Standing high and strong
At whose giant feet
The land bleeds
Her arms spread in brown fields
Where men and women
Burn and toil
And in coiled naked streets
They creep and sleep
Where corrugated mazes
Of power and pelf
Breed emptiness and greed

And yet I dared
To weave my dreams
In the silken skeins
Of starry tapestries
Which some giant hand
Had flung over my
Rose tinted eyes

I dare to dream
Of a new way, a new day
Of new clouds precipitating
Shedding life giving rain
And the land shining again
Joyous and verdant
And men and women
Surmounting and ascending
Pinnacles of freedom
From debilitating toil and care
Freedom from the tentacles of
Greed and fraud
Arrogance and deceit
Freedom from blatant
Shams and scams
Freedom from the crooked
Exploitation from those
Who cling to the reins
Of power and pelf

I dare to dream again
Of new sunbeams
Streaming through
Dissipating murk
Of rainbows colouring
Dappled waters
Silver fish swimming
In mossy fern
Grasses green
Bending in the gentle breeze
Where clouds lean
Against mountains
Standing lofty and strong

-by Rita Putatunda

No comments:

Post a Comment