Monday, December 1, 2014

The River



I flow, Into the ocean, I become one with it

I vaporize, I become cloud, Crash into the face

Of jagged mountain, Sentinel of the world

I flow once again, Once again, I become river

Meandering through forest lands and plains

Ever inconstant, Ever constant

Ever evaporating, Ever replenishing

Ever changing, Ever the same

Ever dying, Ever eternal

Ever flowing, Ever being still

On my face, I mirror, Your face, And those of whom you love

Those who have departed, Those who sojourn, Those who are yet to arrive

Beneath my surface, Beyond the sound, Of my mighty roar

If you put your ear to my heart, And listen with care, You will hear

The sacred sound – AUM –

The first flowing out, The second flowing in

The third flowing into silence – AUM -

And then there is, A hidden fourth, Beyond that silence

Another silence, An all encircling silence

The womb, Within which, Is held

The roar, Of The Cosmic Ocean

No comments:

Post a Comment