Ahhh, Pune..! I don't quite know what it is about this place, but I just feel I belong. There is deep peace.. I really don't know how to describe it.. My soul is smiling quietly.. is the best way I can put it :)
I and two crows and various tiny birds that flitted into the little trays of water I keep for them in the garden (they love wiggling into them to bathe) and two cats, one named Big-Grey, the other, Fluff-Grey.. all of us spent quality time in the garden early yesterday morning. Me doing yoga first, then sipping my pudina chai after, sitting crosslegged, very Buddha-like. Big-Grey and Fluff-Grey are not my pets, they just hang around the place since I toss them some fish when I'm here. Though they seem quite able to take care of themselves because they look in pretty good shape despite my long absence from here. I'm wary of Big-Grey (a male) who has almost sliced my fingers off occasionally if my hand strays too close to his face when I toss fish, plus he bullies Fluff-Grey (a female) to grab all the fish. Fluff-Grey is wary of me, obviously doesn't trust us humans.. very intelligent.
I checked out all my plants, watered and looked after by Hira-bai, my maid, in my absence. She doesn't much care for the cats though.. always complains bitterly about the cats I always seem to collect. I don't know why, but cats seem to gravitate to me.. I must have been a cat in some past life, perhaps they know that.. Cats know everything! You can tell by gazing into their knowing eyes.. Big-Grey's eyes are green like new leaves when the sun shines through them. Fluff-Grey's are brown, like a muddy lake.
There's a slight chill in the early morning air, harbinger of the winter, though the rest of the day was beautifully warm and sun-filled. I spent most of it in the garden, pottering about amongst my plant pots. Also started a new painting, sunflowers in a vase, which I will probably finish later today, after I go and do my bit at the polling booth.
And now, for a hot cup of pudina chai, and then, after the sky lightens a little, my yoga in the garden.
I am in peace and joy :)
I and two crows and various tiny birds that flitted into the little trays of water I keep for them in the garden (they love wiggling into them to bathe) and two cats, one named Big-Grey, the other, Fluff-Grey.. all of us spent quality time in the garden early yesterday morning. Me doing yoga first, then sipping my pudina chai after, sitting crosslegged, very Buddha-like. Big-Grey and Fluff-Grey are not my pets, they just hang around the place since I toss them some fish when I'm here. Though they seem quite able to take care of themselves because they look in pretty good shape despite my long absence from here. I'm wary of Big-Grey (a male) who has almost sliced my fingers off occasionally if my hand strays too close to his face when I toss fish, plus he bullies Fluff-Grey (a female) to grab all the fish. Fluff-Grey is wary of me, obviously doesn't trust us humans.. very intelligent.
I checked out all my plants, watered and looked after by Hira-bai, my maid, in my absence. She doesn't much care for the cats though.. always complains bitterly about the cats I always seem to collect. I don't know why, but cats seem to gravitate to me.. I must have been a cat in some past life, perhaps they know that.. Cats know everything! You can tell by gazing into their knowing eyes.. Big-Grey's eyes are green like new leaves when the sun shines through them. Fluff-Grey's are brown, like a muddy lake.
There's a slight chill in the early morning air, harbinger of the winter, though the rest of the day was beautifully warm and sun-filled. I spent most of it in the garden, pottering about amongst my plant pots. Also started a new painting, sunflowers in a vase, which I will probably finish later today, after I go and do my bit at the polling booth.
And now, for a hot cup of pudina chai, and then, after the sky lightens a little, my yoga in the garden.
I am in peace and joy :)
No comments:
Post a Comment