Friday, September 12, 2014

Passionate despair

I am in passionate despair
Depression is the perfume I wear
It seems Life has ordained wretchedness
For me, so when happiness does finally arrive
If it ever does, I will appreciate it better.
Ever since that night - so many nights ago -
When I'd dreamt that he loved me
I have been sleepless, dreamless
Sitting around waiting
Dabbling into my woes
Plunging into seas of attempted prose
Which I pass off as poetry
Floundering in the throes of my heartbreak
Trying to master this dense disaster
Penning my misery deep into the night
My sleep deprived eyes
Getting puffier by the minute
Hoping for a glimmer of hope
From the other side
Where my slumberous love resides
In resplendent uncaring oblivion

Yeah, even in despair, I can be funny
And god knows I am in despair
But what difference does it make
My love, he will not awake!

No comments:

Post a Comment