There are times
Say, mid morning
When I drink my coffee
Or afternoon
When the day's heat
Bursts out in droplets of sweat
Or when late night's
Feverish eyes keep vigil
Listening for your silent footstep
I wonder then
With stilled heart
What is the destiny
Of this frenzy of rhapsody
That stuck melody
That repeats over and over
Like the koel's cry from a nearby branch
"Do you think of me? Do you ache for me? Do you want to hold me?"
I don't know why I do
But the song recurs anew
Morning, afternoon, night
The koel cries
"Do you think of me?"
Say, mid morning
When I drink my coffee
Or afternoon
When the day's heat
Bursts out in droplets of sweat
Or when late night's
Feverish eyes keep vigil
Listening for your silent footstep
I wonder then
With stilled heart
What is the destiny
Of this frenzy of rhapsody
That stuck melody
That repeats over and over
Like the koel's cry from a nearby branch
"Do you think of me? Do you ache for me? Do you want to hold me?"
I don't know why I do
But the song recurs anew
Morning, afternoon, night
The koel cries
"Do you think of me?"
No comments:
Post a Comment