The caretaker of fates
Was the proffered bouquet
Of your presence
As subtle as the fragrance
Of incense
Its curling fumes
Drawing me into
Your world of make believes
Which I wholeheartedly agreed
To belong in
Always knowing
It was just a temporary thing
Always knowing
No matter how fleeting
The fragrance would resuscitate
A forgotten part of me
At least temporarily
And now I listen
To stillness playing
A gentle melody
Wafting in from
An immeasurable distance
While the sun lazily
Slips through the branches
And the last of another day
Dissolves into another past
Was the proffered bouquet
Of your presence
As subtle as the fragrance
Of incense
Its curling fumes
Drawing me into
Your world of make believes
Which I wholeheartedly agreed
To belong in
Always knowing
It was just a temporary thing
Always knowing
No matter how fleeting
The fragrance would resuscitate
A forgotten part of me
At least temporarily
And now I listen
To stillness playing
A gentle melody
Wafting in from
An immeasurable distance
While the sun lazily
Slips through the branches
And the last of another day
Dissolves into another past
No comments:
Post a Comment