Monday, March 31, 2014

Ready to rock and roll

Well, I hope there isn't too much rocking and rolling.. All my bags are packed (well, almost!) and I am ready to go.. have to reach the airport by 10 am.. at the moment, only Ma and me are awake.. had a pretty late night last night..

Had a surprise visit last evening.. one of Singareni (where my Dad worked, and where I grew up) kids, Sheelu Pai, dropped in..though she's Nondi's generation, still we chatted about the good old days and stuff like that. Actually there are lots of Singareni kids, especially of Nondi's generation, who are in the US.. Kind of makes me pretty proud.. I mean Kothagudem/Bellampalli, are such tiny coal towns.. though me and my brother's generation got our education at Hyderabad/Secunderabad, in boarding schools, by the time Nondi's generation appeared on the scene, my father and other officers of Singareni got schools and colleges set up in those coal towns.. so Nondi and her generation actually got their primary education, schooling and first few years of college, in those towns.. To make it good in the US, competing with people here who have had the best of educational facilities, is quite an achievement.

Ma is getting nervous about her journey.. I can tell because she's breathing heavily and generally restless..I think I'll give her some tea to calm her down..

So, cheerio, until I get to Bangalore :)

No comments:

Post a Comment