Tuesday, March 25, 2014

It's a drippy day today

After the couple of days or so of gorgeous sun, it's dripping again today.. so typically Seattle weather.. The only thing is that I'm just not feeling like venturing out in it, so poor Lucy is moping around because she knows she's not getting her walk.. Maybe I'll take her for a short one when there's a break in the rain..

Neil's just back from school.. Liz, his nanny, has taken a week off because she has injured her leg while playing soccer, so Raphy has brought him home. Although school gets over at 3, kids whose parents work have to stay in school until a parent can pick them up. I, being a typically Indian mama-type, hate the thought of a kid having to stay on in school so many hours after school. But Neil seems to be quite happy about it.. they have "after-school" day care, wherein their class teacher makes them do some activities, some controlled playing, and such like... which Neil enjoys.. So, I guess it's ok..

I'm eager to get back home, but leaving a place is always a wrench.. I will miss Neil horribly.. feeling depressed about that.. and of course, Lucy..Tia.. Nondi said yesterday that she felt like coming with us to India.. but she won't get leave.. will come in December, so that is something to look forward to.. She is like her name, Nandita, means, which is, joy.. anand.. (which my Ma told me).. She has a great spirit to enjoy life to the hilt.. I always enjoy and respond to that whenever I am with her. She hates being still.. in one place.. I am the opposite in that respect, but there is a part within me that has that spirit too..

Wherever we go together, for example at the hospi or at the wine tasting place the day before yesterday, people always ask if we are related.. I am often asked if she is my daughter.. which I used to also be asked when I used to carry her around when she was a baby.. I was 15-16 years old when she was born..

No comments:

Post a Comment