There’s a branch knocking knocking
On my window pane
A storm is brewing
The wind is blowing blowing
Over the hills, over the trees,
Through the brick walls
Of my domain
Where I huddle
And watch peering
Into the gathering grey
Birds have stopped calling
Leaves are rustling
The trees straining against
Their tethered moorings
Clothes flapping are
Hurriedly gathered
Doors and windows
Are hastily shut
And the branch is
Knocking knocking
As if beating the very
Rhythm of time
And my eyes fly
Like sparks from
Kindled coal fire
Reach towards
The murky horizon
Where I meet life growing
From the booming voice
Of universal death –
What is this force
That draws me out
From within myself
To want to join in –
In that great celestial dance
On my window pane
A storm is brewing
The wind is blowing blowing
Over the hills, over the trees,
Through the brick walls
Of my domain
Where I huddle
And watch peering
Into the gathering grey
Birds have stopped calling
Leaves are rustling
The trees straining against
Their tethered moorings
Clothes flapping are
Hurriedly gathered
Doors and windows
Are hastily shut
And the branch is
Knocking knocking
As if beating the very
Rhythm of time
And my eyes fly
Like sparks from
Kindled coal fire
Reach towards
The murky horizon
Where I meet life growing
From the booming voice
Of universal death –
What is this force
That draws me out
From within myself
To want to join in –
In that great celestial dance
No comments:
Post a Comment