Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Painting: The view from my sister's house





The last time I had come here to Seattle it was this season.. icy cold. I went out on the deck and painted the gorgeous view, my hands, nose, face, body freezing into numbness. The large tree that I included is actually on the right side (the third picture here). This time the winter has been pretty severe, hence the trees have greyed, when I painted it they had been green, as I have depicted them.

This time I plan on making quick little paintings of the surrounding scenery which I revel in in my walks. What a beautiful place this is! It's a cliché I know, but picture postcard landscapes is really the perfect description. My hands are itching to paint them, but am allowing myself to acclimatize before venturing out or else will fall sick. 

No comments:

Post a Comment