Friday, December 14, 2012

like a sip of wine



like a sip of wine
glinting ruby red
I whisper your name
it is unfamiliar to my tongue
I let it roll around in my mouth
I feel the tang of exhilaration
that creeps into hidden folds and crevices
sometimes sweet sometimes a little bitter
I try to divine hidden flavours
that I have never known before
it tastes of the ripened sun
then it feels like a flower
slowly unfolding
exuding its frothy fumes
slippery smooth petal by petal
I roll it on my tongue
round and round it flows
on my tingling stinging singeing skin
it tastes of crushed fruit
which has felt the touch
of some effervescent earth
the caress of fermenting  breezes
blowing in some other sky
under some other moon

with a deep breath
I inhale -
I am light headed
intoxicated -

like a lick of slime
I lisper your name

-by Rita Putatunda

6 comments: