Tuesday, June 1, 2010

I Your Poem

From beyond the edges
Of a dark night
With a question
In his eyes
My poem came to me

And said . . .

Find the words for me
Write a song for me

I am that moon
Which has no sky
I am the Sun
Which has lost his light
I am the flower without fragrance
I am the tree without its roots

I told my poem . . .

Where can I find the words
To write a song for you

Me, I am that song
Which has lost its melody
I am the night
Which cannot find her stars
I am the river which has lost its way
I am the cloud which bears no rain

Said my poem to me . . .

If that be so
You'll be my sky
My fragrance my root
You'll be my Sun
You'll be light
And I'll be your melody
Your stars your rain
And I'll forge the course
For your waters to flow
And together we'll find words
And together we'll write songs

You my Words
I your Poem

No comments:

Post a Comment