The beautiful gulmohar. The flame of the forest. I created this with photoshop. A poem I wrote about this gorgeous tree, whose flaming red-orange hued flowers sprinkle the streets and bylanes of India, will follow soon.
Dear Ritu... thanks for dropping by my blog. I am so happy to see a fellow artist here. Im commenting here as I am in love with this little gulmohar tree. Something about the colors you have used - make it so striking and makes me want to hang them on my walls.... esp where I would love to spend more time :-)
Im glad to have known you and will come here often. Nothing inspires me more than art - in colors or words! And you have both.
Dear Ishrath, Thank you so much for appreciating my Gulmohar. I am honoured. The colours are luminous because the medium is digital. I aim to paint it on canvas and see if I can reproduce these effects. I will be adding more pictures ofmy artwork here once I get back to India. Right now I'm on a trip to the US - marvelous place with beauteous landscapes. I am so happy to have found somebody like you - your art is so inspirationa!
Ritu, I have to confess that your gulmohars are inspiring me to go out and click them. There is one big tree outside the place where I am staying for holidays - down south. I will post the pics soon and link it to your blog. Watch out, babe!!!
You are a fine master with words, dreams and more. Would love to see more from you.
------
PS: FYI, maybe you should check your comments options once. When a new user comes and wants to comment, he/she has to log in with email id or hold other ids from the given list. See if you can add more easy options, so that people will comment freely. I was tempted to leave your site the first time (though I wanted to comment) for I so dislike too many steps. Does Blogger give you that freedom? It may invite a bit of spam but sifting through it for new friends is great I guess. Just a thought.
Please delete the above para after reading as it is for your eyes only.
Oh, gosh,Ishrath, I just saw this comment of yours.I'm not very techno-savvy, so dunno how to fix it - will check it out. Thanks for telling me... Are you on facebook?... we could correspond there,if you like.. or on ritawrites@gmail.com
I dont Facebook or Orkut at the moment. But will keep in touch for there is something great happening here.
Also be careful of sharing your email id in the open - it is just an invitation to helluva junk in your inbox.
My paintings are on hold as I am away from my city for vacation. Will start soon from next month. Ive been toying with Gulmohar in my head... lets see what comes. Oh! yes, I did click some pics and will share soon.
Nothing,like absolutely nothing takes me in more than colours.And this piece here is a genious.I really dint know we could make this use of Digital media.I am sure you own a lot more Artwork.Would want to see them all.
You are amazing,i have read almost all of your blogs and am in love with your work.
Hi Anonymous, Oh, yes, colours have a very powerful effect on me too. And, yes, digital painting software can be used very creatively indeed. Thank you so much for reading my blog and your compliments - it means so much to me :)
Dear Ritu... thanks for dropping by my blog. I am so happy to see a fellow artist here. Im commenting here as I am in love with this little gulmohar tree. Something about the colors you have used - make it so striking and makes me want to hang them on my walls.... esp where I would love to spend more time :-)
ReplyDeleteIm glad to have known you and will come here often. Nothing inspires me more than art - in colors or words! And you have both.
love,
Ishrath
http://wanderingmist.com
Dear Ishrath, Thank you so much for appreciating my Gulmohar. I am honoured. The colours are luminous because the medium is digital. I aim to paint it on canvas and see if I can reproduce these effects. I will be adding more pictures ofmy artwork here once I get back to India. Right now I'm on a trip to the US - marvelous place with beauteous landscapes. I am so happy to have found somebody like you - your art is so inspirationa!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Rita
Ritu, I have to confess that your gulmohars are inspiring me to go out and click them. There is one big tree outside the place where I am staying for holidays - down south. I will post the pics soon and link it to your blog. Watch out, babe!!!
ReplyDeleteYou are a fine master with words, dreams and more. Would love to see more from you.
------
PS: FYI, maybe you should check your comments options once. When a new user comes and wants to comment, he/she has to log in with email id or hold other ids from the given list. See if you can add more easy options, so that people will comment freely. I was tempted to leave your site the first time (though I wanted to comment) for I so dislike too many steps. Does Blogger give you that freedom? It may invite a bit of spam but sifting through it for new friends is great I guess. Just a thought.
Please delete the above para after reading as it is for your eyes only.
Oh, gosh,Ishrath, I just saw this comment of yours.I'm not very techno-savvy, so dunno how to fix it - will check it out. Thanks for telling me... Are you on facebook?... we could correspond there,if you like.. or on ritawrites@gmail.com
ReplyDeleteI'm looking forward to your gulmohar pics - or even better,if you paint them :)
ReplyDeleteMy dearest Ritu,
ReplyDeleteI dont Facebook or Orkut at the moment. But will keep in touch for there is something great happening here.
Also be careful of sharing your email id in the open - it is just an invitation to helluva junk in your inbox.
My paintings are on hold as I am away from my city for vacation. Will start soon from next month. Ive been toying with Gulmohar in my head... lets see what comes. Oh! yes, I did click some pics and will share soon.
Good one,Rita..keep it up..expecting more works
ReplyDeleteHi Rita,
ReplyDeleteNothing,like absolutely nothing takes me in more than colours.And this piece here is a genious.I really dint know we could make this use of Digital media.I am sure you own a lot more Artwork.Would want to see them all.
You are amazing,i have read almost all of your blogs and am in love with your work.
All the very best.
Cheerios !!
Hi Anonymous, Oh, yes, colours have a very powerful effect on me too. And, yes, digital painting software can be used very creatively indeed. Thank you so much for reading my blog and your compliments - it means so much to me :)
ReplyDeleteI wish you would identify yourself :)